When we first thought of providing a service to support the dignity and continuance of independent living for the elderly and disabled, we decided to employ the services of focus groups to see what it was that real people in our local community would want from our service.
The following is an outline of the feedback collected from our focus group expectations and desires:
1) No app download – Our focus groups said that they did not want to download an app and have to create yet another username and password in their lives.
2) No learning curve – Our focus groups said that they did not want to be worrying about a loved one and at the same time have to learn some new technology and fumble their way through a learning curve.
3) Remove the technology – Our focus groups said that they were not interested in internet modems and flashing lights and cables and telephone support calls......just make it work.
4) Non-destructive install – our focus groups told us that there must be a simple way to install cameras without having to call tradesman in and drill holes and make noise and mess.
6) Local support – our focus groups told us they wanted to speak with local people in their own town, not some faceless help desk in another country.
7) Warranty – our focus groups told us they wanted replacement hardware. No waiting for repairs, just replace it if it doesn't work.
With this information in hand, Perth Elderly and Disabled Monitoring decided to permanently implement the following six business processes within our service:
1) We will use 4G mobile phones as cameras to remove the need for an internet connection or modem.
2) We will use sms txt msg within our service so that there is no learning curve. If you can send a txt, then you have all the skill you need to use our service.
3) Our installation is free and we use double-sided adhesive strips to mount our devices. Installation is quick and silent and there are no holes to drill or tradesman to call or mess to clean up. Installation typically takes around 1 hour.
5) Perth Elderly and Disabled Monitoring has staff in Perth to answer your calls 6am to 8pm seven days a week. The support staff are the same people who do the installs and sell the product on a daily basis.
6) If you are having trouble with one of our phones we will replace it on the spot, no questions no back-chat no attitude no drama.
The following is an outline of the feedback collected from our focus groups with regard to privacy:
1) A photo is enough – Our focus groups said that video somehow just felt too invasive, and that a photo is all that is needed to have peace of mind that a loved-one is comfortable and safe.
2) Do not store photos on the internet – Our focus groups said that there must be no photos or backups of their elderly or disabled family members on the internet or any third party cloud storage system.
With this information in hand, Perth Elderly and Disabled Monitoring decided to permanently implement the following two business processes within our service:
1) No video footage is available through our service....ever.
2) No backup copies of photos are ever kept by us or anyone, anywhere....ever.
We are please to say that since agreeing with our focus group members that these two privacy measures were going to be permanently implemented, five of our focus group members have signed up for our service for elderly family members.
|Try it now|
|sms the word 'photo' to|
|0444 515 866|